Thursday, March 17, 2011

tremor and tide

the last perfect circle i ever saw
was a single drop of my blood on the snow
that buried you today.

crimson circle on endless white ocean of flakes,
you'd understand how i could only
think of you.

i died with you today like in all the recent days.

and in my latest dying breath
i remember when titans underneath the world
conspired to crush your breasts,
unwittingly crushing mine
along with yours -

didn't those fools hear
about how I left the million missing
pieces of me with you?

and wasn't the sea the greatest witness
to our soiled bodies and clothes by the shore -
how could she drown us the other day.
how could she drown us like this.

on radiation-laced winds, on radiation-laced rumors,
voices of hope speak of our nightmares.

and i could only hear
a snowflake crack on my shoulder in the wintry fields.

alone in the silent white with you in my vacant arms,
i die to live another day for you.


2011.mar.17

No comments: