Friday, October 4, 2013

things to do to get out of here

started with deconstructing
the four walls: the loosed gravel mingled
with blood in my pores in my hands.
halfway through this endeavor
realized I...
perhaps should have disassembled
the floor instead, should have ventured
downwards. should have extracted my
Eurydice from Hades.

or I could have realized I...
should have taken apart the ceiling
instead, my Daedalus could wax my wings.
I could have said in your faces: I am
Icarus bitches I am flying I am the wind.

I would have gone and touched the sun, too.
gone down in pretty flames, too.

realized I... never had a Daedalus.

smiled at realizations as I dispersed
the party of gravel and blood in
my pores in my hands. stood by
the door and fell into a line to
collect the day's wages and all I could think
of
is
if
it
is
enough for Charon's obol.

placed another coin in my mouth but
it still tasted of life.



2013.oct.04

No comments: