Sunday, March 1, 2015

the fortress

There is nothing left to say that can safely be laid out under the scrutiny of the public eye. I have exhausted all my means of crafting the message I needed to find you. If chance allowed for the words to reach you, for the words to touch you in the way they were meant to, then I am glad. If not, then you are the star whose attention I was never meant to bask in, locked in your stronghold. And if you are, I only hope that once in an age of peace, in need of fresh air you'd open the gate of your walls. And if you do, may you look around the battlefield that surrounds you, among the tattered banners of those who besieged you. And among the debris may you discover pieces of how much you meant to me, from a time long lost, and that will suffice.


2015.feb.27

No comments: