Thursday, January 11, 2018

other R

one day,

i stumbled
upon one of your stories.

enamored mostly by your temptress,
that tempest, your muse,
i wanted your muse
to be mine -

in my whimsical mind
in a minute built her a shrine, then a church,
in an hour built her a city of cathedrals -

and i wrote the end of a dalliance -

.:.

except, that once,
that one time, you stumbled
upon my story, and you could not,
no, you would not,
let it expire

you did not make your muse mine.
you did something special.
you made me hers.

.:.

brother, you were a stranger,
brother, you were nothing
but a scowl in a profile picture,
you were nothing but words,

just words, only words that did nothing,
except: promise
that we will get along fine
when we meet.

- never did - never will -

stranger, brother,
in your contagious amicability,
you dragged me
into a trek through a text conversation,
talk that yielded a treasure
hoard of discoveries obscenely larger
than the time
invested procuring.

you told me a secret.

the kind that i should not,
i could not,
i would not,
share with the universe.

you gave that to a stranger,
this stranger -
me -
why?

am i left to find an answer -

maybe it’s this:
brother, you were far
richer in terms of human
affection, where you were warm,
i know i am
a cold bastard

maybe, that one time,
you already knew you would have
so much to bring in
an afterlife so full that
you could afford to spare me change;

that you thought me empty-handed,
that i needed to be armed,
like with one of your secrets,
this secret -
to bring to my grave,

one day.


2018.jan.11
+ RIP RSH +

No comments: