Friday, June 27, 2008

the girl from temple eternal

you asked me not to regret but i bleed that i have not listened
to you when you showed me clouds and lamented of concealed heavens.

instead i sang of skies never tarnished by clouds of gray and have
never seen wrath of rain other than few drizzle drops on a pond.

what is left to heed now but this faint echo of your voice rolling
and the harder i would try to listen the silence grows deeper.

i cut my soul that i could have listened true to the darkness you
told me of that was a blanket, underneath were beautiful things.

the fool in me sought gold that would warm my greed and lust and the fool
in me grew deaf and blind though in your arms and in your warm embrace.

you asked me not to regret but the paradise in your arms was
yours to sing of and not mine to dream of in my unworthy sleep.

2004.jul.14

No comments: