Monday, June 30, 2008

the sequel to autumn

the moon is the sinner of sinners.
her light shameless and bared you to the eye,
her shadow disguised my hesitation and,
you were locked to my body as,
a vampire would bound its soul to,
the resilient temptation of blood.

your eyes' reflection recalled one broken,
ray of a sun long set.
a mirror of what could be real,
far more real than any piece of this dream,
but it did not matter as,
the golden leaves of your beloved's trees of,
the waking world had all fallen gray to,
the unsatiable hunger of the gravity,
of this earth.

so in a kiss that held a dream motionless,
a universe breathless,
i tasted your scent as my fingers crossed,
the spires and valleys of your being and,
our own reality fell into place,
into a breathing existence,
for a temporal love as ours,
for the eternity that crossed the,
ravines of merciful oblivion that bridged,
a sunset and a sunrise.

eternities end.
let not the poets have you dream otherwise,
some moments in your lifetime you,
might remember the mortal eternities we,
buried among the evanescent memories and,
unnamed reveries and ephemeral love.
know that, as you watched me fade,
from your touch as the moon faded, perhaps,
for shame of its sins and,
know that, as my eyes lost,
its borrowed light, my body transcended,
out of its borrowed shape and,
my voice silenced with its stolen music and,
know that, before you forget me for,
an eternity.

i was after all, merely the passing dream and,
you were my dreamer.

2005.feb.23

No comments: