Thursday, July 10, 2008

fragments

my morning,
is outside that window and golden skyline,
broken light melting unto the mountain peak;
and you are still asleep -
streams of dark hair flow over pillows,
and your lips smile slighty, and

you breathe.

and i fall for you, again,
i fall for you to fragments and i cannot breathe,
save if i breathe your scent;
i feel the night descend,
and even if the sun has breached our safety
memories of blessed darkness stir inside me.

let your eyes caress the daybreak,
my mirth lies in that i am part of your waking,
and if you touch me, i am real;
as real as daylight flooding our fortress,
as true as songs of this newborn sunlit world,
and lost in between your breath and

your touch.

and my morning is you,
my black soul knows the world of waking because of you,
you accept my darkness and embrace my nights;
and in between your sighs,
i fall for you to fragments that i could be your night,
i could be all the stars in your sky.

2005.mar.31

No comments: