Saturday, July 26, 2008

luna

come and wade with me tonight,
through the mist and the wind,
through oceans of grass and
tides of fireflies,
through the cold and the darkness;

would you defy heaven for me tonight,
would you come out her silver gates,
through the crowd of clouds,
and run with me through my
blindness?

but tonight i fear i run alone;
the bitter taste of raindrops
plague my tongue;

these rainclouds disguised as night,
unpure rain, bane upon the fireflies,
and so tonight i fear you must stay home.

let me just sing you this song of
longing,
of the nights you waded with me
as we chased the dark and slayed
the shadows,
your face full in the sky that felt
so near
that i know i could kiss you...
only if had the courage
to defy the gods.

but tonight i face the darkness alone;
a heaven defied our love.

tonight she would not even grant me
half of you.

2004

No comments: