Tuesday, July 8, 2008

sonnet zero

My thirst, boiled unquenched by water and blood,
Sought some bliss from my state of wanting you;
The slightest touch and the lightest kiss had
This unholy madness you did seduce.
Your eyes hungered, in flames of hell they danced,
As did my own reflection in your stare;
Your spell, it had me burning in a trance
-- scent of your body naked, filled my air.
My mind lost, unanchored and heavenbound,
Cried for admittance at the gates of sin;
In the stream of our juices then I drowned,
As the earth trembled and the angels blinked.
My body, one with yours and shivering
-- in bliss, and the midnight, it was steaming.

2003.may
*formerly titled as "The Challenge To Write An Erotic Shakespearean Sonnet Without Using The Words 'Love', 'Lust', 'Passion', 'Desire', and 'Monster', And Guile Must Have Forgotten 'Ecstasy'

No comments: